KURT IS RIDING TO RAISE AWARENESS
- Combatting kids’ inactivity epidemic
- Exposing kids’ destructive screen addictions
- Encourage kids to pursue “lifetime sports”
- Establish ongoing youth bicycle events
- PASSION to get kids MOVING every day!
- PASSION to improve kids’ nutrition
- Junk food will never build strong bodies!
- Encourage kids to drink water, not sugar
- Promoting Adaptive World awareness
- Supporter of adaptive fitness & inclusion
- Promoting increased adaptive resources
- Support/Encourage military vets’ recovery
- Working to prevent suicide. Talk about it.
- Anti-bullying leadership training needed
- Support Adaptive Surfing: Paralympics
- 2,900 miles
- Santa Monica, CA – Cocoa Beach, FL
- 1.6 million pedal revolutions
KURT'S PASSION FOR GREATNESS
- 2 Guinness World Records
- Personal Trainer. Nutrition enthusiast
- 2018: riding to beat his own World Record
- EnduranceSports athlete & philanthropist
- Dynamic Youth Motivator
- Goal to emulate Jack LaLanne’s fitness legacy: annual World Record-Breaking feats, to raise awareness!
2-TIME wORLD RECORD HOLDER
- KURT OSBURN
PROMOTING ADAPTIVE WORLD INCLUSION & INNOVATION
- OVERCOME Amputee Stigmas – Initiate conscious Active Inclusion
- OVERCOME Inertia – TV/ Screen Addiction, social media, video games.
- OVERCOME Sidelining – Engage mobility-challenged newcomers.
- PROSTHETICS: Access, Innovation, Research, Production, Financing, Grants.
- Prosthetics: Mainstreaming our conscious acceptance/understanding of
- “bionic-appearing limb replacements”
- RAISE AWARENESS/ Cooperative Advocacy for various life-assisting issues.
- SUICIDE PREVENTION – Support Mental Health 101: Recognition, Seek Help.
- SUPPORTING ATHLETES’ RECOVERIES – Volunteer to help.
- SUPPORTING Surfing inclusion in Paralympic Games.
- INSPIRE Charitable Adaptive Support
2018 MEDIA EVENTS CALIFORNIA TO FLORIDA
- Endurance Sports’ Hottest single event,
- L.A., Las Vegas, Texas, Florida press events
- Streaming online video Oct – Dec 2018
- Local, National & Global radio interviews
- Social Media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- SiriusXM, Satellite Radio Interviews
- Live coverage, all major TV outlets
- Morning radio interviews throughout
- Aerial news coverage of launch 10/12
- Nitro Circus World Tour Appearance 10/13
PROMOTING THESE OUTSTANDING ENTITIES
- Adaptive Sports Foundation
- Adaptive Surf Project
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Amp-Ventures Foundation
- B4BC Foundation
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Concussion Legacy Foundation
- First Kids 1st
- Freedom Concepts, Inc.
- Freedom Innovations
- Freedom Ryder
- I Am Adaptive
- ISA World Adaptive Surfing
- Love Your Brain
- National Sports Center for the Disabled
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Never Say Never Foundation
- Outdoor Foundation/Outdoor Industries
- RISE Adaptive Sports
- Road2Recovery Foundation (R2R)
- The Trevor Project
- Trust for America’s Health
- USA BMX Foundation
- Wiggle Your Toes
- Youth Sports – The Aspen Institute
“NEVER GIVE UP!!”
One Quiet Night
Phone rings. Bad accident. She will live – but her leg. Gone.
‘Roadside bomb’ the phone says: son’s arm & foot destroyed.
Jake, 8, cried himself to sleep. No foot/no more running. Then a Pirate Camp email zoomed in: he grabbed the lifeline & hung on with all his heart…
Where CAN they turn for help? For genuine HOPE?
We help rebuild shattered lives. One prosthesis (and hug) at a time. With LOVE…
America’s BEST KEPT SECRETS Step Forward:
- Never Say Never Foundation – 2018 – donating their 100th pair of running blades to amputee children
- Amp-Ventures – proving that amputees can RErule the adventure world!
- Road2Recovery – providing assistance to injured action sports professionals/ families
- BioDapt Inc – crafting wounded warriors’ super-sturdy new ‘bionic’ legs/feet/knees…
- Challenged Athletes Foundation –provides physically challenged people opportunities to find success in life through sports, community & mentorship.
What Can YOU Do ?!
- Use $ from neighborhood garage sales & donate bikes to kids along the WAA route
- Donate any amount (volunteer time, $$) to any of the Rehab Heroes organizations
- Help your team, class, club, office raise funds to sponsor a child’s prosthetic leg
- Hold a Bike Rodeo w/booths raising $ for kids’/family NeverSayNever’s PirateCamp
- Have a neighborhood garage sale & buy bikes to be donated on the WAA ride
- Sponsor community donations goals for kids’ public-use sports equipment
- Raffle homemade items to sponsor a military vet’s new prosthetic arm/hand
- Sell chili supper/auction tickets & donate profits to an R2R recovering athlete
- Get involved. Stay involved!
Kurt is a fitness role model. Encourager. Motivator.
There is NO MAGIC WAND to rescue our kids!
America’s kids suffer: severe inactivity epidemic.
Dead-end Screen Addictions masquerade as “play.”
TV, video games, internet, social media zap strength.
Self-destructive Junk Food habits build weak bodies.
Help kids Learn to have FUN getting FIT –
Reclaiming kids’ physical & mental health:
Vigorous, consistent physical activity& good nutrition.
Kids: “lifetime recreational sports” (biking, tennis)!
HAVE FUN GETTING FIT! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Exercise is king and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom
- Jack LaLanne
Copyright ©2018 Wheelie Across America. WAA. All rights reserved.